Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Celebrating the 24th of July on the 19th of July

Every year in our area three stakes get together and have a huge celebration. We celebrate pioneer day. The Mormon pioneers entered the Utah valley July 24, 1847. Shortly after that they also settled Las Vegas. We had so much fun today. Last Wednesday I helped stuff paper into chicken wire to make our ward's watermelon float.



The missionaries in our area carrying a huge flag.
Breeona in the watermelon. It says seeds of Progress.
My dad's ward. They are modern day Pioneers.
AHA
The Evan's Family
Breeona hit the bulls eye her second try.
She roped a cow.
The fire truck hosing every one down.

Happy Pioneer Day!!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Love the pictures of the pioneer day celebration! Great watermelon float. So cool!

Di said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We had our stake 24th celebration in the park yesterday - green jello, bbq chicken, the cottage cheese jello, the works. Oh I love the summer!

c-natalie-l-k said...

What a fun celebration!!!

Have a fun trip in Spokane!

Lisa said...

I love your float! Great idea :)