I haven't posted anything for so so long. So, here is a quick update:
Breeona, the daughter, is doing great. She still loves school. She only has a month left which I think is great. She is excited to start a new school next year because she hates traffic. We have to drive about 35 min each way to her school now that we moved. Her new school will only be 3 min away. One big difference in the new school is it is year around. I have to register her on the 4th, then they will place students so we don't know what kind of schedule she will have next year. She will probably go all summer long. I have looked over all the tracks and out of the 5 tracks I only hate the idea of two of them. :) So we shall see. I think I might even like the tracks. She is adjusting to her new ward and is making some cute new friends. Her old class only had one girl her own age and this ward class has 3 or 4 girls her age. She has two older Brethren teaching it, she really likes them. We have started swimming and she is a fish. We got her a new bathing suit because last year I found out that if I didn't buy her one right away all the one piece bathing suits would be gone... I just don't get the idea of a 6 year old in a two piece....they can't even keep it out of their cracks or the straps on their shoulders...oh well.....
Bandit, our dog, is also doing well I guess. He pees and poos in the house still. It is good that Kevin almost killed himself putting in tile all downstairs or I would have killed the dog. Or maybe 'accidentally' lost him. He is pretty good and still super cute. As he grows bigger and bigger I really don't think he has any Lab in him, just German Shepard and a mystery parent. We were feeding him what the vet said but he was super super skinny. I decided to feed him a bit more just until he filled out and it hasn't worked great yet. I can still see his ribs and there is no sign of him being full-ever.
Kevin, the husband, never slows down, the poor guy. He works he schools he sleeps he parents. He only has two weeks left of school and I am on the count down. We all are excited for him to be done for the summer. He is burnt out. I feel bad for him because he as a ton to deal with, a new house to fix up, (we got two notices in the mail because our yard had weeds and was unkempt lol) a daughter who wants to spend time with him, a dog to train, and a very pregnant wife. He hasn't even played basketball for weeks! The guys are starting to ask if I'm keeping him home, but that is not the case.
Me, the half hippopotamus wife, is well, half hippopotamus-how does that make anyone feel? lol I am all baby. I have approx 42 days left, but who is counting? I go through days of excitement, and whatever the opposite of excitement is: nonexcitement? unexcitement? I am tired most of the time, or just lazy- not sure which. I had an dr. appt today and am again forced to wonder why do I have a dr? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like her. I really do. I am glad that someone will eventually deliver this baby, but for me, a woman who has normal pregnancy's, sitting in the dr. office 2 to 4 times a month for 3 to 4 hours is going to drive me crazy. My appts go like this:
dr: How are you?
me: Great
dr: The baby active?
me: Yep
dr: Any trouble?
me: No, not really
dr measures belly
me: I'm huge.
dr: No your not.
me in my head: Liar.
dr checks baby heart beat
dr: very strong
me: good
dr: Any questions?
me: nope
dr: See you in two weeks.
me: k
Ok so there is more talking than that but pretty much that is how it goes. I was 11 days late with Breeona and had to be induced. I really don't want to be induced this time but also do not want to go 41 and 1/2 weeks either. I also do not want to deliver a baby bigger than 8.6lbs. (that is what Ona weighed) So we shall see. I had a bunch of friends who were pregnant with me and that was fun, I say were because two of them have had their babies and one will probably go here any day... so that just leaves me with 6 more weeks.....ahhhh
OK- also in my life- I got a new calling, any guesses????? anybody??? anybody??? no not primary chorister, (I might have become a Buddhist or a Scientologist, wait don't they believe in no drugs during birth? never mind that one...) this calling is a BIG change; Relief Society chorister.... lol I almost cried. Really. Then I got to Relief Society and had to lead that day. I realized that I would like this new calling and it is not hard and I get to have 'real' lessons and talk to adults and meet all the gals. And when the baby comes I will still be able to lead the three songs, while baby gets held by some capable women or sleeps in the carrier.
Jaxon, the unborn, is, as I told the dr. just fine. He is growing on schedule (me too by the way, the Dr. actually said to me today: "you only gained 2 pounds" yeah that's great, oh wait 2 pounds from the time I was in here 2 weeks ago? oh great, that's great. perfect. She said 'only' like it was an accomplishment. jeez that puts me on track to gain another 6 lbs. that means I will ONLY gain, like, 400 extra lbs... only). Jaxon's heart beat is strong. He moves all the time, but no he does not keep me up at night. I'm a good sleeper. I think that he had the hiccups today which was fun. Breeona felt him move the other day and that was super fun. Kevin likes to push on my belly and Jaxon sometimes pushes back. I'm not sure I'm ready for him yet, but as 6 weeks stretches into what feels like 6 years I'm sure I will be.
ok well now that that short update is done...lol I'm off to watch Lost....
6 comments:
I am glad that your still alive, hope everything starts settling down and hopefully your six weeks go by fast!
I love the update! I had some good laughs. I'm glad to hear you all are surviving. I miss seeing you! I can't wait to see Jaxon.
I hear ya, babe. I've got 49 days left, and my doctor has actually told me that I'm gaining more than I should. Makes me feel REAL good. :)
Glad to hear you're doing well, though! 42 days and counting...
Hey Steph,
glad you updated your blog, it's fun to see what you're up to. So are Kevin and Breeona ready for Jaxon to make his appearance? Hope he comes sooner rather than later, for your sake. Take care!
HA! I totally agree about the Dr. Appt thing. You sit and wait forever just so they can talk to you for like 2 minutes. But I guess it's good just in case something goes wrong. Anyway, glad to see that you guys are doing good. Good luck in your new calling!
It was so fun reading about you :)
Post a Comment