Every Labor Day from the dawn of Lewis there has been a family reunion on Labor day weekend. The Lewis family is Kevin's Mom's Mom's brothers and sisters and extended family. ( Got it? ) We are like the 3ed and 4th generation. It is a big fun time. It has gotten so big in fact that I don't know anyone but Kevin's family and Kevin's cousins. This means that we usually travel to very, very far places to visit with people we see on Sunday and at other "family" events (like every 3-4 months).
Last year we didn't go. Its kinda funny because once one of Kevin's brothers or cousins say they aren't going, its easier for the rest of us to say- oh we can't go- But this year the whole family went. I had a great time!
The drive to Lava Hot Spring, ID is a super long drive for us, considering that we only stay for 3-4 days. We drove up and by the time we got there it was dark and we were on these small dark curvy roads. We were so super lucky this year because by the grace of Kim (Kevin's mom) we were able to get a room for our family. It was old and cramped and cinder block walls. It was perfect! I was so glad to be in a room with Jaxon - he does not do tents! Other wise I love to camp. We set up his pack and play and got Breeona in her bed and all was quite!!!! I got to sleep most of the night! There was a crazy train that would go by and blow his horn every few hours but bliss it was for me.
On Saturday and Sunday we played with all the family. This place was pretty cool. Its a small town but it has a water park with some very cool features.
Here is Jaxon with aunt Rissa. Man that kid loves the water!!! At the end of the day he was sitting on the steps putting his face in the water all by himself!
Breeona and Kevin
This is Kevin and a cousin jumping off a huge platform.
I don't have a good picture of Breeona's crazy ways but I need to tell the story: We were there for not 5 minutes when a group of cousins and aunts and uncles decided to go off one of the huge slides. Like HUGE. You know the ones, They go strait down? There was one that went a few feet then swoosh - strait drop off. Then the other one was like a little wavy, with two bumps and two drops. So Breeona decides to go up with the rest of the group. She is they youngest by like 10 years. When I realize what is going on I go stand over by the bottom. One family member after the next comes down and finally one of Kevin's brothers comes down and I ask him, "Breeona's going on the easy one right?" (by easy I mean the lesser of the two evils) NO he says, she didn't want to. She wanted to go off the one that drops strait down!!! AAAAHHHH my mother heart went thump. So here she comes, she doesn't have her feet crossed like they advise, her arms look like a cat being pulled to water, clawing her way down. She comes down with a spray of water and I look at her and she has a frozen face. She gets out of the water, pulling the weggie that always happens on watersides like that and stares at us for what for her mother seems like a while. She shakes her head like shes getting all the cobwebs out and says "THAT WAS AWESOME!" Lets go again!
She never did go on the 'easy' one- she said it looked to scary.
Later that same day we went tubing down the river! This was my favorite part. It was so much fun. You can rent tubes in town and then walk them up to the start of town and tube down, then walk back up and do it again! The water was so cold and you get so wet but like I said- best part. We have a cool camera that can go under water so it was perfect to take on this trip. I'm in the above picture, Can you spot me?
We would all try to hold on to eachother's tubes so we could stay together but it didn't alwasys work
Some of the crazys decided to go off the waterfalls farther up river. Here we all are waiting for them:
Here is Jason, he went down the wrong part of the falls. It was a funny spill, he didn't even see it comming!
Here is Kevin going off the same waterfall. Lucky him he stayed on! Also pictured: Jason recovering from his fall.
We had a great trip!












1 comment:
Those pictures are fun! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment